Ulysses Club : Melbourne
Here's an outline of what's happening at our next Historic Winton, which may be of interest to your members
with kindest regards Jo Pocklington - publicity Historic Winton - ph 03 55939277
Fri 25, Sat 26 & Sun 27 May 2012
36th Historic Winton, Winton Motor Raceway, Benalla, Vic, Australia
Conducted by the Austin 7 Club with assistance from the
Historic Motorcycle Racing Association Vic.
Friday 25 May 2012
As part of 2012 Historic Winton weekend activities, invitations are extended to join in the
Benalla & District Classic Car & Motorbike Tour assembling 9am on Friday 25 May at the Benalla
Art Gallery. Red plate vehicles welcome. The tour concludes with a 'Shine & Show' display outside
the Benalla Civic Centre from 3-5pm. Further information, please phone David Lidgerwood on
03 5764 4291 or email email@example.com. Proudly supported by the RACV,
Benalla Rural City Council and The Austin 7 Club, organisers of Historic Winton.
Historic Winton, Australia’s largest and most popular all-historic motor race meeting, presents a weekend of non-stop racing featuring over 400 historic racing cars and motorbikes from the 1920s to the 1980s.
Celebrations in 2012 include plenty of birthdays:
·110 years of Cadillac.
- 90 years of Austin Seven, Lancia Lambda, Austin 12/4.
- 85 years of A Model Ford.
- 80 years of Austin 10 and Hillman Minx.
- 75 years of Volvo, Cadillac LaSalle.
- 60 years for the Austin Healey 100, Renault 8, Austin Champ.
- 50 years of Ford Cortina, AC Cobra, Austin Freeway, Triumph Spitfire, Morris 1100, Lotus Elan, MGB, Chrysler Valiant.
Historic Winton highlights are:
- The ever-expanding Shannons Classic Car Park featuring car and bike club displays, including Pre-War sporting Rileys.
- Spectator access to the Competition Paddock where all the fabulous old racing machines are on open display.
- If you have a classic or special-interest car or bike, you’re welcome to join the spectator car park display on the Saturday or Sunday.
Raceway entry fees: Sat $20, Sun $30, competition paddock $5, children 14 and under n/c.
Public enquiries: Noel Wilcox ph 03 5428 2689 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 27 May 2012
Invitations are extended to join in a special display on Sunday 27th May incorporating:
- Historic Commercial and Military Vehicles- the older the better - free entry for commercial or military vehicles 50 years and older.
- U Bute Aussie Utegathering for pre-1975 vehicles - with a giveaway pack for the first 200 utility entrants, and great trophies awarded to Aussie Utes of special interest.