That damn virus keeps mutating and scuttling plans
And it continues
The Final "Snowy Ride" has been adjourned until Saturday 2nd April 2022.
The Ulysses Club National Rally is scheduled to start at Warwick QLD on Monday 4 April 2022
The Odyssey in Mansfield this October regrettably had to be cancelled
We're also planning to enjoy the 25th Annual Autumn Alpine Run in March 2022 and stay overnight in Tawonga. Even if you can't do the full ride think about heading off a day early and meeting at Bruthen (which quite a few do) or going direct to Tawonga to meet up with others, enjoy the camaraderie and celebrate the 25th consecutive ride.
We are hoping to hold social nights at the Mulgrave Country Club in both November and December (Christmas Function) and they will be conducted subject to government and venue protocols. Details will be published on the branch website and Face Book Page.
The committee has been actively discussing rides and events, but all plans are subject to directives. Rest assured, we will schedule rides to fit in with directives as soon as we can – both Sundays and midweek. Don’t be surprised if some small “bespoke” midweek rides occur as soon as directives permit. There may well be geographic and group size limitations and we’ll let people know and act as soon as we can.
We are also looking at some “overnight” rides events in January / February and looking at some new (to us) venues / locales. Details will be posted
We will also reach out and contact people by email and phone to include everyone.
In the mean time let's please do the right thing and help suppress this damn virus. This is a quote from DHHS to how to stay safe - which should matter to you and your loved ones:
- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Carry a face mask when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason not to. It is strongly recommended you wear one whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Wear a face mask when required, unless a lawful exception applies.
- If you feel unwell do not go to work.
- Get tested at a nearby testing location. Return home immediately.
- If you are worried you will lose pay while you wait for test result or you have tested positive and need to self-isolate you may be eligible for a worker support payment.
- If your condition worsens contact your GP or a health professional. If you become very unwell and are having trouble breathing contact triple zero, you may need to be admitted to hospital.
From me: This virus does not discriminate but I believe it takes people to spread it.